Adirondack Cross Country Skiing
Winter arrives early to the Adirondacks. It is not unusual to be cross country skiing at Garnet Hill by Thanksgiving or earlier. Early season storms quickly transforms the Adirondack wilderness into a beautiful world of white mountain vistas and snowy woodland scenes. The midwinter snow pack can often exceed five feet with more on the highest elevations.
Come up to the magic world of winter! Discover snowy forest trails and the winter scenery of the New York Adirondack Mountains. Garnet Hill Lodge is a true mountain resort where you can discover all the fun and adventure of cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Enjoy miles of scenic groomed trails. Take a ski lesson. Watch your kids ski. Enjoy a backcountry ski journey. At day’s end find the warmth of friends and good cheer by The Loghouse fireplace.
Ski Down and Ride Back
At Garnet Hill Lodge we offer several bus rides each day to transport skiers back up the hill so that they are able to ski more and enjoy more of the trails and activities on the property.
We also offer bus rides to more remote locations for those who are serious about their skiing adventures. Sign up at the Ski Shop to let us know where you want to be picked up and when. It’s a feature of our trail system that many have come to know and love.
The Garnet Hill Advantage
- 2000 ft. elevation – we always have snow!
- 55km trails, groomed daily, set tracks & skating lanes
- Complete ski shop – rentals, sales, & repairs
- PSIA certified ski school with lessons daily
- Kids! Ski program, weekends and holiday weeks
- Unique “ski down – ride back” shuttle bus – the longest ski lift around!
- Full moon night skiing
- Ski Center, Lodge and Restaurant open daily